Warehouse Administration Manager
Are you not afraid of a dynamic, international logistics environment that is in the process of changing? Are you a firm and experienced people manager? And you are ready for a next step at Warehouse MT level? Then this could be a fantastic opportunity for you!
Spread out over two warehouses (together 34,000 m2) in Helmond, 55 (excl. flex) enthusiastic logistics colleagues work on the international physical goods flow of our Maxi Cosi and Quinny juvenile products. We add with pride that our warehouses are clean and well maintained and that we place high value on safety. One of the warehouses is located on the Korendijk 5 (21,000 m2). Here, 47 employees work daily between 07:00 – 18:00h, divided over four departments: Warehouse Administration, Inbound, Outbound and Repairs.
In the Warehouse Administration department, a vacancy has recently come up for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and proactive Warehouse Administration Manager (m/f, fulltime 40 hrs/wk). This position is part of the Warehouse Management Team and manages a team of 10 employees, divided over four disciplines: Planning (incl. Transportplanning), Stock Control, Process Control, and Customs. This position reports to the Warehouse Manager.
This requisition is for a locally hired position. Candidates must speak Dutch and have current legal authorization to work in the Netherlands. Dorel will not attempt to obtain immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
As Warehouse Administration Manager (WAM), you are co-responsible for managing logistical administrative tasks in the area of Planning (incl. Transportplanning), Stock Control, Process Control and Customs. As WAM, you are the connecting factor between the different departments within our organization. You see operational pain points and you know how to deal with these effectively and potentially optimize processes. You manage the teams of your dept and you are responsible for the quality and results of the department. You know how to motivate and stimulate colleagues to achieve the best possible results, and you ensure that the internal goods flow reaches its definite location on time.
- You deliver an important contribution to the further professionalization of the department and organization, continually work on the improvement of processes and the activities of the department.
- You hold daily work briefings with your team and are also responsible for the performance evaluation discussions (official and in-between) of the people of your department. You give the correct directions and support to your team, so that the desired quality level is achieved.
- You manage tenders (parcels, LTL, FTL), negotiating prices and conditions with carriers.
- You ensure streamlining and quality control of the goods processing flow, in alignment with stakeholder departments.
- You maintain contact with customers with regard to the planning.
- You set the right priorities to allow the logistical administrative processes to function optimally.
- You uphold and support our transport policy.
- You take initiatives and take the wishes of internal and external customers into account.
- Circa 3 -5 years relevant experience in a logistics environment
- Experience with managing 4-8 employees
- Fluent Dutch and excellent command of the English language is a must
- You have proven experience with a WMS (warehouse management system).
- You are able and willing to schedule and assign your people into various shifts (between 07-18h)?
- Hands on mentality;
- Focus op efficiency;
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Because of the international context of our organization, resumes and cover letter must be submitted in English.
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.