Sr. Procurement Materials Professional - Plastics
At Dorel Juvenile, we create innovative products and services for growing children. All our employees are directly involved in the research, design, development, testing, and marketing of our products. Our strong brands Maxi-Cosi, Bébé Confort, Quinny, Safety 1st, and Baby Art can be found in over 80 countries worldwide and it is our ambition to strengthen our leading position in the market.
To strengthen our global Strategic Procurement department, we are currently looking for a Sr. Procurement Materials Professional - Plastics. This position can be based in either Porto (PT) or Helmond (NL). Please be aware that this requisition is for a locally hired position. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work in the Netherlands or Portugal. Dorel will not attempt to obtain immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
The Sr. PMP - Plastics is responsible for providing broad technical and scientific knowledge and innovative solutions related to Dorel Juvenile’s utilization and application of plastics in manufacturing and product development. This position will report to the Director of global strategic sourcing and procurement. In this role, you will be closely working together global / regional engineering teams for new product development but also VAVE projects.
- Lead plastic change projects in the US, Europe and China and support identifying the plastics strategy
- Provide technical expertise and guidance specific to polypropylene applications.
- Research plastic material, innovations and new ways of processing. Recommend innovative materials and alternate suppliers based on findings.
- Identify and align future plastics initiatives and project objectives to business strategy, and prioritize projects accordingly.
- Research new industry trends/developments and adds scientific support to current and future New Product and Advanced Development projects.
- Lead plastics product specification and validation, provide technical bridge between operational and strategic teams.
- Support Operations, Quality and R&D in knowledge improvements and training for principles in plastics molding, quality assurance, product specification and use.
In this position you will report to the Global Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Director, based in Helmond.
- Bachelor’s or masters degree in Material Science & Technology, Polymer or Chemical Engineering, or closely related field of study required.
- Black Belt certification preferred
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience using applied techniques in problem solving, experimentation and scientific method in an automotive or other industrial environment.
- Strong business acumen and ability to run business cases to proof return on investment
- Ability to translate complex technical phenomena into easily comprehended terms or analogy.
- Experience making operational improvements using structured problem solving techniques
- High degree of familiarity with injection molding process.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations, comfortable with public speaking.
- Excellent communicator and ability to manage stakeholder expectations within a matrix structure and thus,
- prior experience building and maintaining effective global relationships with internal and external contacts. Ability to work with teams, small groups, or as an individual with flexibility to maintain objectivity to resolve issues including confrontational situations.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Because of the international context of our organization, resumes and cover letter must be submitted in English.
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.