Sr. Industrial Designer
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complimented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
At Dorel Juvenile we are looking for a Senior Industrial Designer to join the product development team at the Design and Development Center in Foxboro, MA. Reporting to the Industrial Design Manager, you will be responsible for driving design and innovation of hard and soft goods across all juvenile categories while interfacing with the global design team.
You have experience and a proven track record of developing successful consumer-relevant products and have the confidence and ability to predict “what’s next”.
You will work as a member of a cross functional team transforming deep consumer insights into exceptional design solutions. As a member of our team, you will be cognitively challenged by creating robust design strategies that address the needs of our consumers while your executional excellence will be challenged by maintain design intent through high-speed manufacturing constraints.
- Use design research to uncover actionable consumer insights.
- Application of consumer insights to innovative design solutions.
- Bring products from concept to production.
- Develop patent-able features and product concepts to drive competitive advantage.
- Manage visual brand language differentiation across a family of brands.
- Create visual and functional prototypes for research and internal review.
- Communicate design intent to factories by creating CAD, Technical ID Specifications detailing fit, finishes, color, graphics, etc.
- Have knowledge of current trends, materials and innovations within juvenile products design.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Marketing to innovate, design and implement design solutions.
Innovation & Technology
- Strong knowledge of Juvenile Product category standards, engineering, and manufacturing practices.
- Strong knowledge of products and industry best practices, strive to assure that our own methods and processes are uniquely efficient.
- Facilitate cross functional brainstorming to drive product and component strategies.
- Follow fashion/lifestyle trends, identify emerging technologies.
- Work closely with Fashion Design, Soft Goods Engineer and Project Manager to input, analyze and verify product cost data throughout the development cycle, in order to meet financial goals.
- Support cost reduction through VAVE while maintaining design intent and user experience.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or a related field along with 5+ years of relevant design experience.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to create and evaluate 2D concept drawings and translate into producing 3D surface and CAD models.
- Comfortable constructing bread boards and concept models
- In-depth experience with CAD, Rapid Prototyping, and Photo Realistic Rendering.
- Strong knowledge of plastics and metals materials and manufacturing processes, from raw materials to finished goods.
- Strong aesthetic sense, with ability to evaluate and make material/quality recommendations.
- Self-motivation, excellent communication and follow up skills a must.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite. Photoshop and Illustrator. Experience with 3D CAD Software (preferably Solid Works) is required.
- Familiarity with overseas manufacturing and experience communicating across language and cultural barriers.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.
Quinny empowers urban millennial parents to walk their way; transforming parenthood into a carefree exploration. The new NXTGEN stroller line consists of three different strollers