Sr. Financial Analyst
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complemented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base, allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Finance, the ideal candidate will be responsible for using their analytical mindset to analyze and interpret financial data, then relating it to potential business trends and issues; support the product development teams, marketing teams and sales teams with ad hoc requests that help with driving revenue and margin. Goals include projects requiring rapid turnaround and include projects that span up to 3 months for completion with weekly or monthly milestones
• Provide financial input and analysis to Product Development and Sales teams
• Analyze profitability of product lines in development. Support product line profit planning.
• Quarterly Customer and Product Line Profitability reporting
• Reconcile end-of-month expense reporting with cost center managers. Create list of accrual and reclass entries.
• Responsible for $22M in cost center reporting and T&E analysis
• New product development cost tracking, including timing capture.
• Project spending & amortization reporting as well as other Capital expenditure reporting
• Take initiative to develop new analyses, particularly related to on-line eCommerce sales. New perspectives on analyzing data, driving sales, and reducing costs are encouraged.
• Develop, prepare, analyze and distribute monthly reporting of actual results versus plan, and last year
• Work with Sales and Development teams to build annual budgets and forecast updates.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting.
• Minimum of 4+ years of experience in accounting or a related function (preferably in consumer goods)
• Must be strong in Cognos TM1 (required), Excel (required), and Microsoft Power BI (desired). Prefer familiar with Access or a similar database system, J.D.Edwards (SAP or other ERP), and financial reporting software (Cognos, Hyperion,SBase).
• Requires the ability to multi-task while remaining organized
• The right individual must have strong problem-solving skills and should have an enthusiasm to learn, seek new challenges, and have no expectations of a “typical” day.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.
Quinny empowers urban millennial parents to walk their way; transforming parenthood into a carefree exploration. The new NXTGEN stroller line consists of three different strollers