Senior Design Engineer
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complemented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base, allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
Dorel Juvenile US is looking for a self-motivated, Senior Product Design Engineer to join our product development team in Columbus, IN. The Senior Design Engineer is a key member of the global cross functional team as a technical lead and will be responsible for introducing exceptional innovation into products.
- Lead the engineering and development of juvenile car seats.
- Manage engineering projects with accountability for deliverable quality, schedules and budgets.
- Perform engineering analysis using design controls processes (FMEA, FEA, root cause analysis (8D) & tolerance analysis), applying agile development principles, test driven development (Design Validation Plan & Report) and technical design reviews.
- Ensure products are designed and engineered to meet quality and industry requirements (NHTSA, ASTM and CPSC).
- Lead or participate in consult with design and supplier partners.
- Generate Engineering Product Specifications to communicate Product Design Intent among global cross-functional team.
- Lead and direct support team members for project efficiency.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering along with 7+ years product design experience.
- Prior experience in juvenile products or automotive is highly preferred.
- Must have a good understanding of injection molded plastic part design including evaluation of mold filling analysis and injection mold tool designs.
- Strong best-in-class design methodologies, DFM/DFA, including experience in the creation of advanced CAD surfacing.
- Advanced CAD skills for surfacing and master model strategy using Solidworks.
- Strong technical and analytical skills including FEA.
- Must be comfortable with hands-on assembly, fabrication, prototype evaluation, manufacturing ramp-up and production release processes.
- Experience with other production processes, including plastic and metal fabrication methods.
- Experience with design and documentation control requirement: FDA, ISO.
- Ability to build relationships and accelerate working with teams, both internal and external.
- Must be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Must be able to travel both domestic as well as internationally.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.