Quality Assurance Manager
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complemented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible to ensure all external and internal quality and performance requirements are met before the product leaves the factory and reaches our customer’s parents. The candidate is responsible for developing new and improving existing quality programs and practices in both current platforms and new products throughout the development stages. The candidate is responsible for tracking and evaluating current quality performance, providing quality intelligence, and identifying improvement opportunities. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
- Lead the plant quality program by implementing quality policies, interpreting data from various sources, setting objectives, and achieving annual improvement goals for systems implementation.
- Manages the Corrective Action Request (CAR) process by tracking CAR status and ensuring root cause analysis and corrective actions are effective. Works with the team to determine which analytical tools should be applied.
- Develops quality standards for purchased components, materials, and supplier performance.
- Works with our purchasing organization to improve the quality performance of our suppliers. Audits suppliers’ operations as required.
- Monitors and interprets the plant quality data. Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to ensure that plant is consistently manufacturing product within specification.
- Ensures that change control is properly followed whenever process or raw material changes are made within the plant.
- Track and report quality Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the plant, interpret the data, conduct research as needed, provide recommendations for improving performance.
- Modify, improve, and maintains quality systems including PFMEA standards, control plans, and work instructions.
- Monitors the omnichannel Voice of the Customer and combines feedback, data, and investigations to understand the gaps, identify opportunities and advocate for improvements.
- Provides stewardship for the careers and developmental aspirations of his direct reports. Works with them to develop a career roadmap and provides guidance to help ensure their and the company’s continued success.
- Minimum of ten years manufacturing experience, with three or more in a quality leadership position
- Experience with injection molding processes and products
- Knowledge of and experience in regulatory and compliance issues
- Six Sigma knowledge and experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with preference for a technical degree
- Certification to ASQ/SSBB and/or Black Belt certification is preferred.
- American Society for Quality certification as CQE and/or CQM is preferred.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.
Quinny empowers urban millennial parents to walk their way; transforming parenthood into a carefree exploration. The new NXTGEN stroller line consists of three different strollers