Project Manager - New Product Development
Are you passionate about leading product development projects, ensuring new products are delivered on time and within budget through the right processes? Do you want to be part of a team that leads our strategic product developments and innovations ?
To strengthen our Strategic Projects team, we are looking for a Project Manager (fulltime, 40 hrs/wk), responsible for complex new product development projects, ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. As a project manager, you work with employees from different departments that are organized into various project teams. You will report to the EU Director Program Management. This function is based in Helmond, The Netherlands.
This requisition is for a locally hired position. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work in the Netherlands. Dorel will not attempt to obtain immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
You will be responsible for devising, organizing, and implementing product development projects that are complex by nature, ensuring delivery on time, within budget, and consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. The projects consist of transversal subjects, in New Product Development or existing product & production optimization.
- Structure the complex strategic projects and draft the associated documents.
- Define the role and the responsibilities of each participants in the projects and arbitrate the disputes.
- Lead the project teams, and monitor the schedules, deadlines, budgets and process.
- Be the person in charge of the achievement of the best profitability of the projects for which you are responsible.
- Ensure the proper use of project support tools.
- Bring a "helicopter" view to the people involved in the projects .
- Lead the deployment of projects, consolidate reporting of multidisciplinary activities, and adapt your communication to the different partners in the monitoring committees.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of project management within the organization/
- Coordinate definition of new initiatives/projects in order to improve the profitability in terms of NPD (New Product Development) on the product category.
- BA or University degree in (Mechanical) Engineering
- >4 years of experience in managing NPD projects, ideally acquired in an international, durable consumer goods context
- Master project management tools
- Demonstrated leadership and charisma allowing you to convince and influence different stakeholders. Able to have an helicopter view and to coordinate the different competences of the organization towards common goals.
- Dynamic, excellent communication skills and a real team spirit.
- Good general knowledge in finance and strong writing skills.
- You have demonstrated presentation & influencing skills.
- The international environment in which you operate requires a fluency in English.
- The practice of remote management and the knowledge of Asian culture are a preference, as well as knowledge and practice of Agile project management.
Are you ready to grow with us?
Because of the international context of our organization, resumes and cover letter must be submitted in English.
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.