Product Quality Engineer NPD
At Dorel Juvenile Europe, we create innovative products and services for growing children. All our employees are directly involved in the research, design, development, testing, and marketing of our products. Our strong brands Maxi-Cosi, Bébé Confort, Quinny, Tiny Love, Safety 1st, and Baby Art can be found in over 80 countries worldwide and it is our ambition to extend our leading position in the market.
Within our Product Integrity team (Quality - part of R&D), an exciting opportunity has recently come up for an analytical, proactive and enthusiastic Product Integrity (Quality) Engineer – New Product Development (m/f, fulltime). This position is based in our EU headquarters in Helmond, NL and reports directly to the European Product Integrity Lead, also based in Helmond.
Please note that this vacancy is for a locally hired position. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work in the Netherlands. Dorel will not attempt to obtain immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
Are you passionate about using data as a base for your analysis and conclusions? Do technical constructions have no secrets for you, and do you like to make numbers talk? Do you like to challenge, recommend and discuss based on facts? Then we can’t wait to hear from you! Because of the international context of our organization, we request that you submit your resume and cover letter in English.
As Product Quality Engineer - NPD, it is your mission to ensure product quality within our New Product Development projects (NPD Integrity) and first months of production / market release. You will review our latest designs and screen them for potential aspects that could dissatisfy our next consumer. You will be the voice of the consumer!
Ensure Product Conformity (to product brief, standards & regulations) during New Product Development process (NPD) by appropriate Validation processes & tools.
- Highlight & secure related product risks
- In close collaboration with R&D engineer, execute the Design Validation Process during the development of new products (DVP&R)
- Ensure Progressive Component validation (PPAP)during Engineering Changes
- Define Product Control Plan& related control means
- Support industrialization phase with manufacturing units (PFMEA / Manufacturing Control Plan & related control means)
- Release to Production & Release to Market
- If needed, participate in new Supplier Validation(Audits & Assessment) with Supplier Quality.
- Track Product Quality Performance on the Market during the first months after market release (Aftersales & Consumer Care inputs) and drive related corrective action plan through Non Conformity Management
- Improve quality of upcoming products by using Aftersales & Consumer Care inputs to rewrite our internal specifications for future product generations.
- Improve quality of current products if Aftersales & Consumer Care inputs show that improvement is necessary. This is done in collaboration with the Life Cycle management team.
- Drive related corrective action plan through Non Conformity Management
In case of Product issues (during development or even during a products’ lifecycle), drive appropriate Problem Solving through 8D methodology. (containment, root causes, corrective and preventive actions, efficiency, capitalization, …)
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Quality
- Fluent in English. Dutch or other language skills are a bonus;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience within a development Center or Manufacturing plant Quality dpt.
- Expert in driving Product Quality tools & mindset (DFMEA, DVP, 8D, PPAP, PDCA, 6 Sigma).
- Strong interest in the mechanical interaction of the components inside our products while in use by our consumers,
- Experience and strong affinity with injection moulding and materials, and machinery;
- Good understanding of different cultures and experience in an international organisation
- Pragmatic, hands-on attitude and excellent communication skills
- You are a team player who can also easily function as an independent technical expert;
- You actively look for and recognise opportunities for growth of the business;
- You accept our LIFE values: Leading, Integrity, Fun, Excellence.
Are you ready to grow with us?
We are proud to work with 3400 highly driven professionals in 25 different countries. All of our talented employees share the same mission: to Care for Precious Life. We help families live carefree lives by providing them with juvenile products with the highest safety and comfort standards.
Our frontrunner mentality matches our position as a global market leader. Being first means we forge our own path, we explore new ways to enhance our brands. We are continuously reinforcing our leading position and believe that team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. A vital element of our daily operations is the strong connection we maintain with our consumers. We engage with them wherever they are, so they will always benefit from our products and services, even in ways they did not expect.
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.
Quinny empowers urban millennial parents to walk their way; transforming parenthood into a carefree exploration. The new NXTGEN stroller line consists of three different strollers