Globally we are the leading supplier of juvenile infant products. In Australia, we are a leading supplier of child restraint systems and nursery products and our brands Maxi-Cosi, Safety 1st, Tiny Love and Mother’s Choice, are highly sought-after.
An exciting opportunity is available immediately for a Pattern Maker.
This newly created position reports directly to the Design Manager. The successful applicant will join a team of experienced, creative & hardworking designers.
We are looking for a well-rounded creative individual with a strong technical background in pattern drafting, pattern manipulation and is capable of conceptualizing the designer’s concepts to bring their vision to a reality.
Your main focus will be to use your experience & knowledge of fabrics and sewing skills to draft a pattern that replicates a design concept.
To have the ability to integrate the project manager’s direction, brand requirements, designer’s vision and mass production constructional requirements into the finished product.
- Staying up to date on current fashion and upholstery trends
- Measure and assess samples against specifications
- Analyse fabric & trim needs
- Support development throughout the product to market calendar to ensure alignment at each key milestone
- Work in small groups to collaborate on design and function
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a pattern drafter/maker
- Expert sewing skills using industrial machines
- Highly skilled in upholstery and/or clothing construction
- Strong technical background in pattern drafting and manipulation
- Understanding of mass production sewing and development
- Formal qualifications in Design & Textiles
- Strong understanding of fabric construction, hand feel and drape
- Experience working with overseas suppliers & manufacturers
- Ability to work on multiple tasks
- Solid Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft Office skills
- Attention to detail, excellent self & time management
- bonus but not essential - able to speak Mandarin or Cantonese
Are you ready to grow with us?
In return for your dedication and hard work we will provide you personal growth, career development opportunities and a fantastic work environment.
This role offers an abundance of versatility, direction and freedom to succeed. You will be working with a vibrant and forward thinking team with a company passion that cannot be rivaled.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV to HR: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.