Marketing Communications Specialist (Trade) - 6 month contract
Dorel Juvenile Europe is a world class juvenile products company, with well known and very strong brands such as Maxi-Cosi, Bébé Confort, Quinny, Safety 1st, Tiny Love and Baby Art, which can be found in no less than 80 countries around the world. Dorel Juvenile Europe currently employs 1,100 people in 13 countries. In Europe, our products are sold via 13 local market organisations, split into three market clusters: UK/Ireland, Northern Europe and Southern Europe.
The brands sold in the UK/Ireland market cluster are Maxi-Cosi, Quinny, Safety 1st, Tiny Love and Baby Art. This market has a dynamic, efficient and active team within an office of around 80 people (within a flat hierarchical structure) to manage the commercial activities (and brands) of their market via three main departments: Sales, Retailer & Consumer Care and Operational Marketing.
We are looking for a passionate Marketing Communications Specialist - Trade! This position will be based in our UK office in Borehamwood, North London. He or she will report directly to the Marketing Manager UK/IRE.
As a Marketing Communication Specialist – Trade you will support the UK and Irish market. You are responsible for translating the DJE brand strategies to short-term local brand implementation plans with a special focus on Trade Marketing tools, in order to maximise turnover and market share.
- Ensuring that international campaigns are executed in a way that allows achievement of the marketing and sales objectives.
- Develops operational plans in order to achieve optimum market positioning and acceptance (external) and operational efficiencies and profitability (internal).
- Contributes to the execution of brand plans, using road mapping and portfolio instruments.
- Contributes to and ensures a flow of (continual) market information and needs from the sales organisations, retailers and other (international) ‘stakeholders’.
- Contributes to and supports product launches and customises relevant content to the local market.
- Counterpart to local Sales managers and Central Competence Marketing team (in the Netherlands) and supports them in marketing requests.
- Responsible for an excellent brand presence and activation in various retail stores.
- Create an optimal instore experience and increase visibility of the Maxi-Cosi and Quinny brands and report on this KPI.
- Inform our retailers and sales teams via newsletters, yearly catalogues, pricelists and other tools.
- Investigate and report on the effectiveness of instore tools at key accounts.
- Plan and execute several consumer and trade shows during the year, (some travel required).
- Together with the Mkt Mgr. you are responsible for the TM budget.
- Higher education working and thinking level.
- +2 years relevant work experience preferably in the UK/IRE market in a consumer A-brand environment.
- Excellent English language skills.
- You give energy, you are an entrepreneur, flexible and service oriented.
- Ability to make short-term, business generating action plans, while simultaneously achieving long-term brand related objectives.
- Able to understand and cope with different objectives of individuals and teams.
Did you tick all the boxes? And do you want to be part of a dynamic team? Don’t hesitate to send us your CV and a covering letter.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.