Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complemented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for driving improvements in quality, reducing costs, and increasing productivity by identifying and implementing optimal changes in methods, procedures, equipment, and systems. They will also be responsible for collaborating in the development of new product, especially as it relates to manufacturability, developing manufacturing tooling, designing processes, integrating automation, and ensuring the new product launches successfully. This position reports to the AME Engineer.
- Identify opportunities and collaborate with other team members to develop a business plan for new processes and equipment to improve the performance of the organization.
- Provide hands-on problem solving across all technical aspects of the manufacturing organization.
- Apply analytical methods such as PFEMA, Lean, JIT, Kaizen, and 5S principles to reduce labor and material cost, and to improve product quality and delivery.
- Optimize the performance of the operation by envisioning new factory plans for equipment, materials, and work cells.
- Design assembly jigs and fixtures to improve assembly operations.
- Drive molding & assembly manufacturability for products in development.
- Envisions, research, and implement new manufacturing techniques and technologies.
- Define BOM and manufacturing labor routing for new and existing products.
- Evaluate manufacturing capacities and equipment utilization.
- Working knowledge of 2D & 3D CAD software.
- Hands on ability to identify and implement improvements by applying analytical methods and lean manufacturing principles.
- General understanding of lean, JIT, Kaizen, and 5S principles.
- Desire to work in a self-directed environment.
- Ability to develop product cost estimates.
- Knowledge of best ergonomic practices, safety awareness and regulations.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Engineering Technology.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.
Quinny empowers urban millennial parents to walk their way; transforming parenthood into a carefree exploration. The new NXTGEN stroller line consists of three different strollers