Item specialist pilot & Team leader at Dorel Juvenile Europe
Dorel Juvenile is the world's leading juvenile products company. Our products are available in more than 100 countries. All of our talented employees share the same mission: to Care for Precious Life. We help families live carefree lives by providing them with juvenile products that rank highest in consumer reviews. That's what sets our products apart; durable, helpful and caring. Our strong brands Maxi-Cosi, Bébé Confort, Quinny, Tiny Love, and Safety 1st, can be found worldwide and it is our ambition to extend our leading position in the market.
To strengthen our Supply Chain department, we are currently looking for an item specialist pilot & Business support team leader, based in Vila do Conde, Portugal
Our collection process and time to market require a close piloting of our Items from creation, going through release & up to end of life. As an item specialist pilot, you will be working in close contact with Marketing teams, procurement, finance, industrialization & Supply chain. As a team leader, you will also have the responsibility of supporting and ensuring the performance of the EU & OPS Business support team. You will also be required to participate to company projects and will be required to participate or coordinate continuous improvement projects.
- Item specialist pilot
- Build & maintain the global collection overview from exchanges with Marketing & Supply Chain
- Create, maintain and ensure the structure of the collection
- Exchange with EU marketing & ensure consistency with Global segmentation
- Analyze and challenge specific requests keeping cost and efficiency in mind
- Pilot the workflows from deadline definition up to release
- Determine the deadline and main WH needed for an on time release
- Identify the blocking points & risks on item release & solve them with transversal departments: Marketing, Procurement, Quality, Finance, Industrialization, Supply chain & Business support teams
- Analyze KPI and determine action plan to improve the process internal & transversal
- Ensure coherence is maintained in the collection
- Control and align the collection & respect of European & Global rules
- Identify misalignments within the team or with transversal teams and sort them out
- EU Business support:
- Manage, drive & support the teams into a performing team to reach the objectives:
- Promote KPI analysis & action definition within the team
- Ensure the team is well trained & versatile
- Master data : Item management, Supplier and prices, Customer & pricing
- Functional Supply Chain support: KPI maintenance, Interco management of Marketing tools, Anomaly management, Operations team support
- Analyze the workload to balance or prioritize daily work
- Identify projects and actions to provide a better service to our internal customers / optimize existing processes
- Projects & coordination
- Actively participate to the company projects (ongoing our ERP upgrade, BI)
- Follow up the Commercial launch plan for the items on your scope:
- Based on markets’ needs, verify capacity & supply constraints from supplier, ensure PO placing, confirmation & shipping on time
- Identify risks or gaps on availability to solve them
- Determine priorities along with marketing, sales & supply chain teams
- Follow up to balance demand & stock
In this position you will report to the European Stock, Back office and Projects Manager of Dorel Europe.
As an Item specialist pilot & team leader you have:
- a bachelor degree preferably in Supply Chain/Logistics;
- at least 3 years proven experience in similar roles;
- team management experience;
- the ability to keep the overview and filter the right information out of a large quantity of data, to be able to make the right choices;
- a hands-on mentality combined with a good commercial sense
- an excellent view on the products- and process flows within an organization;
- a result driven attitude
- an accurate way of working, are analytical and good in problem solving;
- experience with ERP & APS systems, M3 is a plus;
- excellent verbal and writing skills in English;
- Advanced Excel knowledge, PowerBI is a plus;
- accepted our values: team spirit, service minded, always ahead, performance driven and sustainable.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel Juvenile an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Send your resume in English.
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.
Quinny empowers urban millennial parents to walk their way; transforming parenthood into a carefree exploration. The new NXTGEN stroller line consists of three different strollers