Global IT Project Manager
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complemented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base, allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
The Global IT Project Manager role will be accountable for the execution and delivery of medium and large Global Infrastructure, Operations, Security (IOS) and Business Intelligence projects and to develop a standardized and consistent process to enable Global Technology Services (GTS) projects from all regions. The successful candidate will be able to evaluate short and long-term technology solutions, manage technology evaluation and procurement processes, manage resource plans and budgets and coordinate activities across various functions. As a Global IT Project Manager you will be working with colleagues around the world to design or implement new infrastructure, operations, and security initiatives and capabilities utilizing a variety of technologies. The candidate will partner with multiple technical resources, program managers, and/or business owners to plan and execute a project strategy.
The Dorel Juvenile Global Technology organization seeks individuals who enjoy contributing to an innovative, fast-paced, forward-thinking team. They should be effective problem solvers, data driven, results oriented, and motivated to improve processes that help Dorel Juvenile in its mission to care for precious life.
- Responsible for creating and delivering multiple projects by leading and guiding technical and business resources from project intake to delivery.
- Lead and provide work direction to project team members, vendors and partners to determine project scope, devise and maintain a workable plan, and to develop and deploy the solution in accordance with the needs of the project and its stakeholders.
- Provide direction and guidance to successfully launch and facilitate new technology and tools.
- Oversee and manage the selection and procurement process for the project, if applicable, ensuring that appropriation requests, licensing, and purchase orders are actively managed. Develop and/or monitor vendor deliverables in compliance with binding statements of work.
- Serve as project communication clearinghouse for all formal project status reporting, managing project change controls process, project estimating, monthly cost accounting and vendor invoice processing
- Develop and maintain all project management deliverables throughout the project lifecycle, or be accountable for their completion if others are responsible.
- Identify project risk, develop a project risk management plan, and actively ensure resources, dependencies, and risks and issues are managed, escalated and appropriately communicated throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage interaction between stakeholders, vendors, and the internal project team to ensure that appropriate relationships exist to produce positive project outcomes
- Manage work to the schedule and set appropriate and realistic expectations with stakeholders, and manage those expectations pertaining to changes and updates to progress, schedule, and scope
- Participate in the technical conversation between engineers in the workstation, virtualization, server, and networking spaces
- Coordinate/lead communication and governance routines, as required
- Follow through and follow up with regard to all tasks, elements, integrations, work packages, stakeholders, team members, partners, etc. for the project.
- Responds to and/or handles escalations received from management or customers in a timely fashion, ensuring issues are resolved or escalates as appropriate.
- Perform cyber security and disaster recovery assessments.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Information Technology required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 5+ Years of Project/Program Management, PMP certification highly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Project Management of IT Initiatives including but not limited to: Server, Database, Middletier, Network, Telecomm, Application Packaging, 0365, SCCM, Data Center Management, Helpdesk, WAN, LAN, Firewalls, Identity and Access Management, Security Event Monitoring
- Domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required.
Experience and Skills:
- ITIL Foundation or higher certification highly preferred – Capacity, Configuration, Availability, Incident, Problem, Change, SCM
- Domain expertise in hardware, security and networking concept.
- Expertise in SDLC and project management with technology projects, using waterfall and iterative project execution frameworks.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects, priorities and commitments concurrently. This includes managing multiple medium/high complexity projects in a matrixed resource environment and working with diverse project sponsors across various business units.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to lead, facilitate and interact with a global team.
- Experience interacting with all levels of management and ability to network cross-functionally across multiple organizations.
- Demonstrated value creator; delivery of results and meeting expectations.
- A positive, winning attitude; display confidence in the face of adversity and an ability to work through uncertainty.
- Openness & flexibility to adapt and adopt a rapidly changing and fast paced environment
- Strong decision-making skills with clear goals for meetings or projects
- Analytical and critical thinking skills are required to effectively manage activities related to budgeting, forecasting, monitoring, process management, risk management, quality control and reporting
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational and project requirements.
- Experience influencing and managing project teams without formal direct reporting relationships.
- Ability to drive collaboration, consensus building and relationships to influence team members, vendors, and key customers to align on common vision and strategy.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, negotiation, influencing and communication skills (verbal and written) and
- Passion for managing large scale projects/programs that impact a large user base and leveraging strong logistical coordination capabilities to ensure high-quality end-user experience.
- Ability to be a champion for change and continuous improvement within technology and throughout the organization.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.