Forecast (data) Analyst
The European Operations division of Dorel Juvenile consists of 5 departments: Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Warehouse & Distribution, Procurement, and Supplier Quality. The Supply Chain department counts 67 dedicated colleagues, spread over SC Planning, Forecasting & Demand, and Projects. The Forecasting & Demand department currently consists of 13 team members, based mainly in Cholet (FR) and Helmond (NL) and with a few working in other market offices.
An exciting opportunity has come up for two enthusiastic Forecast Analysts (m/f, fulltime). These positions can be based in either our French office or our Dutch office.
- One will focus on forecasting the Amazon product portfolio and, as such, will also be part of our Amazon business unit.
- The other will be forecasting our products portfolio for a given market(s) and/or specific brand(s).
Both positions will report directly to the European Demand Manager, based in France.
Are you passionate about using multi-sourced data as a base for your analysis and conclusions? Does excel have no secrets for you, and do you like to make numbers talk? Do you like to challenge, recommend and discuss based on facts? Then we can’t wait to hear from you! Because of the international context of our organization, we request to submit your resume and cover letter in English.
Please note that this vacancy is for a locally hired position. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work in either France or the Netherlands. Dorel will not attempt to obtain immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
As forecasts/data analyst, you are a key contributor of our S&OP process and customer growth and will forecast a dedicated products portfolio. Fond of data analysis, you like to deep dive into figures and patterns to understand better your Customer(s) and become a real specialist.
Amazon specific: You will have direct and close contact with Amazon Germany, UK, France, Italy and Spain, and you will develop the relationship with 2 new Amazon markets (The Netherlands and Poland).
- Running and supervising statistical accuracy of current and future forecasts. You do adjustments according to trends & market requirements (cleaning exceptional events, color spreading, variants splitting, abnormal variation, promotion plans…)
- Analyzing all source of data that will allow you to determine and confirm the future trends (sell-out data & forecasts, sales history, seasonality, attachment rate, cannibalization…). You also prepare summaries of all items and evaluate all sales and forecast patterns
- Amazon-specific: Discussing forecasts and being able to lead meetings in close collaboration with Amazon directly
- Coordinating with various teams, gathering and explaining data from multiple sources to formulate future sales forecasts. This will allow you to develop and evaluate all forecasts depending on statistical modeling and marketing strategies
- Analyzing, identifying and upgrading metrics to facilitate delivery of forecasts for new products implementation
- Providing ad hoc forecasts, turnover and preparing reports as requested to assist management decision
- Preparing and leading the Demand Meeting for your area of responsibility in order to propose the most realistic demand and identify points that required arbitration in our S&OP process.
- Working on projects when it’s linked to your responsibilities, such as country expansions, vendor flex etc
- Higher education diploma (FR: min 3 years) in the area of Business, Logistics or Finance.
- Knowing nskep demand planning or another APS and/or vendor central is a plus.
- Fluent English is a must, as Dorel Juvenile is a multicultural company and you will work with a multicultural team. Working knowledge of German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, or Portuguese is a plus.
- Proactive, you like to anticipate things in autonomy, and you are regular and rigorous into the processes. You convince people with facts.
- Your strong personality and communication skills allow you to highly contribute and lead discussions sales meetings (Amazon: sales meetings in the Amazon Business Unit and/or with Amazon directly).
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.
Quinny empowers urban millennial parents to walk their way; transforming parenthood into a carefree exploration. The new NXTGEN stroller line consists of three different strollers