European Category Development Manager Maxi-Cosi car seats
You lead the EU Car Seats Category and are responsible for defining & executing their strategy.
As Category Development Manager Car Seats you are responsible for the short & long term development of a product group in order to achieve the targeted market position, growth and profitability for the category across Europe. The position is part of the Product Marketing team and is based in Helmond, The Netherlands.
By having a full understanding of the Car Seats category and consumer needs across Europe and engaging the different markets, the Category Development Manager will be accountable for driving his portfolio and bring winning products to the market.
- Build growth (turnover/market share) and profitability of your category. Develop a strategic category plan and implement this plan.
- Launch new development products and projects based on consumer insights across Europe. Develop full business case and define positioning, channel, price strategy
- being in the lead for marketing contribution while also collaborating with external partners on the creative tools and concepts to make the product a sales success.
- Be in close contact with the sales teams and Trade Marketing teams to fully understand their market, the competitive landscape and to support them with product and service related initiatives.
- Monitor and analyse the sales development of the existing portfolio and put required actions in place to grow the Maxi-Cosi brand.
- Lead new commercial initiatives together with Sales and Trade Marketing to grow your category and inspire the full business with new entrepreneurial activities
- Build and expand relationship with development partners in China and Europe
- Inspire R&D and development partners to create profitable and exciting new propositions
In this position you report to Rens Joosten, Product Marketing Director Car seats EMEA.
As a Category Development Manager you are curious, full of energy and open to new ideas. We don’t want you to sit back and follow trends; we want you to claim your place. Challenge the conventions. Blow us away with your creative skills.
But before we invite you here, we’d like to check a couple of things.
- Bachelor or Master degree in marketing and > 7 years of relevant product development experience in an international (matrix) environment and behaves like an entrepreneur.
- Focused on finding creative opportunities/developments and thinking outside the box when it comes to business increasing initiatives.
- Participates in the decision-making process of the company and is capable of carrying out his/her ideas in such a way that they are accepted on management (executive) level.
- Able to create boundary conditions for the team with regard to the right competences, appealing and stimulating work etc. to bring about innovations or change while inspiring others.
- Strong communication and influencing skills. Fluency in English is a must.
Are you ready to grow with us?
We offer a Category Development Manager position in which you are at the heart of our changing organization. The world is constantly changing around us – Moving. Evolving. Growing.
Every step forward creates new opportunities and challenges. ‘Safe’ today might mean something very different tomorrow.
ABSOLUTE - CHILD - SAFETY
It’s our whole reason for existing. Because while cars are not designed for your little people, they deserve the same level of protection. The truth is, we owe it to those who are most precious to all of us, our children.
So we ask ourselves a question. Are we there yet? It’s a question that we at Maxi-Cosi will never stop asking ourselves. And we’ll work tirelessly to keep innovating. To give every family absolute safety and peace of mind.
At the heart of this exciting challenge is the European Car seat Category team. This team is responsible for driving European marketing and product development for car seats. We’re looking for an energetic and creative Category Development Manager.
You work in an international environment with an international team. We offer good working conditions including working from home.
Dorel Juvenile is the world's leading juvenile products company. Our well-known products and strong brands Max-Cosi, Quinny and Tiny Love are complemented by regional brands and are available in more than 100 countries.
We are proud to work with 7,000 highly driven professionals in 25 different countries. All of our talented employees share the same mission: to Care for Precious Life. We help families live carefree lives by providing them with juvenile products with the highest safety and comfort standards.
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.
Quinny empowers urban millennial parents to walk their way; transforming parenthood into a carefree exploration. The new NXTGEN stroller line consists of three different strollers