Data and Analytics Manager
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complemented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base, allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
As Dorel Juvenile’s Data and Analytics Manager you will be accountable for proactively identifying and addressing data reporting and analytics needs, as well as data initiatives that align to and support Dorel Juvenile’s U.S. strategy. You will be responsible for the implementation of the U.S data management strategy with a mandate to improve data accessibility, quality, and insight. This role supports the organization's programs and business operations through data acquisition and storage to data integration and analytics serving the functional areas of the business as well as the technology organization. Strategic initiatives include data required for decision support, business intelligence, customer relationship management, data warehousing, meta-data repositories and operational data stores.
In this role, you will "roll-up" your sleeves as a contributor, but will also be charged with leading a small team of IT professionals in the areas of data integration, data warehousing, architecture/structure, business intelligence, analytics and governance to execute business strategy. You will develop standards and tools across data analytics and integration, based on industry best practices, and act as a change agent to standardize important processes and systems and improve data quality. This position reports to the CIO.
- Drive the effectiveness of the data management function at Dorel Juvenile
- Build a multi-modal service model that meets the non-homogeneous needs of our functional groups - Full-service to Self-Service, and across our data stack.
- Ensure the company's data is centralized into a single data lake and modeled to support data analysis requirements from all functional groups of the Company.
- Ensure that all transactional systems can communicate with the data warehouse and that production data adheres to a unified data model.
- Collaborate with technology vendors and development partners to build new data capabilities in support of the Data Strategy
- Oversee architecture, governance, and standards for key data technologies / tools (InfoBright, Talend, Power BI, Azure, etc...)
- Support and enhance self-service reporting and visualization through published / governed data sources
- Manage and control costs associated with collecting, managing and sharing data while growing the value of the data to the organization
- Identify and monitor integrated decision-support applications and databases to provide Dorel management with accurate and efficient access to business data
- Establish controls over data and information in compliance with Dorel policies and external legal/regulatory requirements
- Manage data driven projects involving timelines, vendor relationships, and budgets to ensure projects are delivered with the highest quality and within specified timeframes
- Promote the enterprise-wide use of data to drive organizational transformation activities
- Champion the “target state” architecture and drive toward its realization
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems, Systems Management or Informatics
- Master of Business Administration, strongly desired
- DMBOK Practitioner (or similar) Certification
- 10 years of progressive responsibility in a Data Management program leadership
- Implemented and managed a successful Data Management program for a consumer goods (business to business and business to consumer) or analogous organization.
- Directed a Data Management program that incorporates a Modern Hybrid-cloud architecture (Azure preferred) including Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Data Catalog, Data Visualization, and Analytics. Led successful organizational change initiatives, including Data Governance, Data Quality and Meta-data Management
- Hands on experience with data integration technologies, SQL and relational databases. Experience with PowerBI, Talend, Azure a plus.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.
Quinny empowers urban millennial parents to walk their way; transforming parenthood into a carefree exploration. The new NXTGEN stroller line consists of three different strollers