2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complemented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base, allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
Dorel Juvenile US is seeking a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor for our Columbus, IN manufacturing facility. The Production Supervisor is a key member of our manufacturing team and has full responsibility for the daily production activities in their assigned area(s). This position works under the general supervision of the Operations Manager and direction of Plant Manager.
- Manages day-to-day production team within assigned area(s). This includes understanding team challenges, defining areas for performance improvements with team members, driving teamwork and leading problem solving groups. Records performance, updates charts and graphs and reports on performance.
- Communicates with other Production Supervisors and support functions to ensure an efficient and transparent information flow, will collaborate to define improvement areas and precise action plans.
- Identifies performance gaps and manages the resolution of them by utilizing established tools and processes.
- Ensures all team members are trained and have demonstrated competency.
- Improves the 5S performance of the assigned area(s) and processes to be the best in the facility. Leverages best practices in the plant.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent; Associate Degree in a business or technical field related to manufacturing is preferred, plus 5-years manufacturing experience with 3-years in a supervisory or team lead role.
- Prior experience in an injection molding environment highly preferred.
- Ability to incorporate lessons from practical experience into sustainable process improvements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, communicates well with manufacturing personnel, quality, engineering, program management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to collect and analyze DJG operations data, make observations and recommendations.
- Commitment to improving the 5S performance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?
You should see a button here to share this page via social media. You do not see this button because you indicated not to accept cookies.